Whether it’s due to leaks, drafts, or simply because it doesn’t look right, you might have a good idea that your roof is going to need some help. However, the question is: what do you do about it? Should you repair it, patch it, or replace it? Whatever the case, Western Pacific Roofing is here to help as your local roofing repair company, but here are a few tips to help you decide what to do.
Signs you should patch or repair your roof
In most cases, you’re likely to be hopeful that you can just patch or repair your roof, so you can avoid the expense of having to replace it. There are cases in which you can prevent further damage and keep your roof in good health for a long time.
Here are some of the signs that your roof just needs some repair work
- Roof tiles are cracked, loose, or missing entirely.
- The roof is showing signs of rotting, such as discoloration, mold, or moss.
- The flashings (the material around the vents or chimney) is coming loose from the rest of the roof, which can lead to water leakage.
- Your ridges are in poor condition, which can damage the rest of the roof.
If the only problems are the kind mentioned above, then it’s likely you’re only going to need some repairs or to patch your roof. However, you should still have a roofing repair company come to assess the damage.
Signs you should replace your roof
Sometimes, you do need a roof replacement. Every roof has a lifespan, they can’t last forever. If a roof replacement is necessary, it’s best to get a team to look at it sooner, rather than later, to prevent irreversible damage to the attic and other parts of the home. Here are some of the signs that your roof needs a whole replacement.
- The roof is sagging, which is usually a sign of structural damage which could eventually cause a collapse.
- Outside objects have fallen right through the food, which can weaken its structure.
- There are serious leaks when it snows or rains, indicating more than just a few loose materials.
- For concrete roofs, seeing deposits of concrete along the gutter is a good sign that the concrete has started to erode as a result of oxidation. This process isn’t reversible.
- For slate roofs, if the tiles are flaking or powdering, the slate has become too deteriorated to hold its weight.
Keep in mind, if you see both the signs that your roof needs repair and replacement, then you’re going to have to go with a replacement. Repairs alone aren’t going to fix the fundamental problems with it.
Need to repair or replace a roof? Get in touch
When you’ve decided which course of action best suits your needs, make sure that you have some experienced professionals on your side to help you make it a reality. Get in touch with Western Pacific Roofing for easy access to quick and affordable roof repairs and replacements.
If you’re in the Greater Northwest, we’d love to serve you! Our professional roofing contractors serve all of NW Oregon & SW Washington.